Alright. So it's been a long summer. It's been a fun and great summer, too, but it's been a bit tedious at times. There have been a lot of guys (and gals) coming in with some sort of emergency. It usually plays out something like this:
Customer- "Hey, I was wondering if you could help me out. I've got this REALLY important race ("race" usually means it's a charity ride with multiple rest stops and a free t-shirt) coming up and I've been training for it for like 6 months and I had to register for it 3 months ago and I've spent about 12 hours reviewing the course profile and 6 hours putting all of my gear ratios into an Excel spreadsheet and 1 hour taping the gear combo cheat sheet onto my stem. Now the last thing I need to do is get my bike completely overhauled."
Bike shop guy- "Well...okay. When is the event?
Customer- "Well, it's tomorrow."
So the question that we are always asking to ourselves when this interaction takes place is "If you've been planning this for ride/race/event for months and months, why didn't you plan to get your bike in working order sooner than the day before?"
Please try to avoid this behavior - your bike mechanic will be much more receptive to your requests and ultimately do a much better and more thorough job when you plan in advance to have your bike serviced.
Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment